Thursday 5 February 2009

Introduction 2


Writing this from my notes I've got in a very large ring binder. I realise I have a lot of work to do, but also being that it was produced by a man( me) on a typewriter and being dyslexic there may be a few errors and omissions, but also a few disjointed bits of writing. That's were this next section fits in. It's title in my notes Introduction 2. "It's not a sequel."

The reason behind this second introduction is more in a way to let any reader understand the way this "my first draft" was put together. As mentioned in the notes and pages to follow. This history came about purely from me wanting to list the films I had seen in my time in the Odeon. Then I decided to add a few years starting from 1962, the year I was born.

Then in amongst all the general work I was doing I started adding general information on films, actors and actresses. Again this was a way of breaking up the project, but at times it may make it seem a little disjointed.

It's a little as if I'm a time traveller like "Billy Pilgrim," unstuck in time and jumping back and forward through out his life time. For those of you unfamiliar with Billy Pilgrim; he's the central character in the Kurt Vonnegut novel "Slaughterhouse Five."

So hopefully everything will make sense in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment